Turn your AC70 into a powerful HOB filter by just dropping in this Media Basket and Surface Skimmer!
inTank™ Aquaclear AC70 Media Basket
The AquaClear HOB filters are a great blank canvas but it needs a great companion like inTank. This media basket will greatly improve the clarity of your aquarium water. Everything is forced through filter floss with it’s specialized designed chamber. Water is then forced through your media. The top chamber can be used a fuge for macro algae. This is held in place and not allowed to spill over into the aquarium. the basket will fit in the filter with the lid closed.
- NEW!!! Removable shelf for more options
- Forces all water through filter floss first, can be changed without removal of basket
- Forces water through all media
- Water enters floss, then bottom chamber and finally through the top
- Drop in design, no modifications necessary
- Provides a location for a heater so you can get it out of the tank
- Great for freshwater, saltwater, creating a fuge
- Can hold a Hydor 50W heater in the floss chamber
- Lid can be placed on filter
- 7-1/4″ Tall
- 5-3/8″ Wide (at top)
- 3-5/8″ Deep (at top)
- You must turn off the filter before inserting or removing the basket.
- Filter floss can be changed without turning the filter off but it is recommended to keep detritus out of the aquarium.
Q: Water is flowing over the intake tube, is this normal?
A: Yes! The Media Basket forces water through media, not just up over the top like with the stock setup. It tracks water through a dedicated path which puts needed back pressure on the incoming water. This back pressure allows a certain amount of incoming water into the basket at a time. This amount depends on the type and size of media you choose to put into the basket. The filter has a built in overflow around the intake tube and water spilling over it is nothing to worry about. The filter is still circulating 100% of the water through the basket very quickly.
Oceanbox Designs™ Aquaclear AC70 Magnetic Surface Skimmer
Oceanbox Designs™ Aquaclear AC70 Magnetic Surface Skimmer allows surface scum to be removed via surface skimming and also hide the filter intake which is usually sore eyes in your beautiful reef tank. Our innovative Embedded Magnetic Mount System™ are 100% waterproof and rust-proof on both tank side (wet) and dry side. The enclosed super strong magnets ensure that the Surface Skimmer hold securely in place once set. Now we can take HOB filtration to the next level, keep your tank clean and your salt critters happy.
The Aquaclear 70 filter with an Overflow Box (Surface Skimmer) is great way to quickly set up a small pico/nano reef or a frag tank for which the tank can be easily put together and taken apart at will for frag swap, show, etc. Other viable setup including QT or hospital tanks are also great options to consider.
- Remove Surface Scum (Organic Residue/Oil) Via Surface Skimming.
- Strong Waterproof Magnets Mount (Wet/Dry Side).
- Simple Drop-In Installation.
- Hide Filter Intake Tube From View.
- Adjustable Height To Fine Tune Overflow Level.
- Slit Cut For Temperature Probe Mounting.
- CNC Laser Cut Premium Craftsmanship.
- Hand-Crafted In The Great State Of Texas, USA.
- Aquaclear AC70
- Rimmed Or Rimless Tanks
- Magnets Hold Through Glass Thickness: <=8mm (5/16 in)
What Do I Need To Run This Setup?
- As with any overflow type setup, an Auto-Top-Off system (sold separately) is required (not optional) to maintain the water level inside the overflow box. We recommenced the AUTO Aqua Smart ATO or ATO system with similar sized sensor, to be installed inside the overflow box, to keep your display water level stable from evaporation. Evaporation causes water level inside your overflow box to drop quickly and will start gurgling/bubbling as the intake suck air in, the ATO prevented this from happening.