Our Deluxe Sump Baffles Kit for 20 Gallon Long Aquarium is designed to convert a standard 20G long glass aquarium into a fully functional sump. A 20G sump can support up to a 75 gallon reef aquarium for nutrient export and filtration.
One of the biggest advantage to retrofitting (DIY) your own sump is the flexibility of the compartment spacing. Since you’ll be siliconed in the baffles yourself, the width of the compartment (skimmer/refugium/return) can be spaced to your personal preference.
We recommend GE Silicone for Plastic that will bond well to both acrylic and glass vs regular glass silicone, and it is completely reef safe. Please pay attention to the “expiration date” near the bottom of the tube when purchasing, an expired tube can be frustrated to work with and won’t fully cure.
*Aquarium, skimmer, and silicone not included.
- Fits standard Aqueon (Petco) 20G long glass aquarium with 11-13/16″ inside width.
- 4 chambers design: skimmer, refugium, media racks, return.
- 2 removable media racks for: filter pad, carbon, phosguard, purigen, etc.
- ~8″ water level.
- Include raise kit for 3rd baffle.
- Hand-Crafted in the USA!
- CNC laser etched Oceanbox Designs logo.
- CNC laser slots and weir.
- Routed and beveled edges.
- Material: 1/4″ cast acrylic.