ReefLens MKII PRO 7 Lenses Kit – Oceanbox Designs
ReefLens MKII PRO 7 Lenses Kit by Oceanbox Designs® is one of the most versatile photographic lenses kit professionally designed for your reef aquarium to date (Developed, Optimized, and Tested in Texas). If you are a reefer and a photographic enthusiast or you just don’t feel like busting out your full DSLR camera gears every time just for a Instagram post, then this kit is for you!
There are 7 Lenses making it over 60 possible configurations by stacking the lenses to craft your perfect shot!
*Remark – We DO NOT use any off-the-shelves rebranded/generic filters.
Lens Mount & Compatibility
Our intuitive clip-on lens mount featured a sliding mechanism to accommodate most smartphones (iOS or Android) including multiple cameras cluster (automatic camera switching will need to be disabled for optimal performance). Unlike low quality (weak) clip-on mount, our lens mount has a stronger tension spring and a locking thumb screw to ensure a secure fitment so there is no chance of any unwanted movement during a shoot – It’s important for your lens stay centered to your phone’s camera for optimal performance.
Note for iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max Users
A few settings needed to be changed for optimal result (iPhone 13 PRO/PRO MAX instruction). Our lenses DO NOT cover all 3 cameras, this post explained why you need to avoid this! Additionally we highly recommend using our Lens Mount with a slim fit (thin) TPU case, the camera cut-out can provide extra support for the lens mount.
Macro Diopter Lenses
The ReefLens MKII PRO Kit comes with 3x HMC Multi-Coated* Macro Diopters (X4D, X8D, X15D) – Each lens allows you to get a closer focus on your coral, the larger the number the closer you can focus on the subject while its magnification will increase. These lenses can be stacked to find your best result!
Our actinic filters (12,000K, 16,000K, and 20,000K)* are optimized through tested iterations by matching the correct Pantone® color and density to the spectrum of our reef lights setting. The optimized filters project the proper amount of actinic color correction pass onto the subject (your corals) without the oversaturated orange hue (as with cheap rebranded/generic filters). These actinic filters are NOT to be stacked together as they are intended for their respective reef spectrum for best result!
The multi-coated* anti-glare CPL* filter can greatly minimize reflection from the tank glass, especially when taking a full tank shot at an angle. This filter should only be used with any single actinic filter for a full tank shot or none-close-up shots!
- Macro: The term Macro is used in Macrophotography when taking a picture of a close-distance object.
- Multi-coated: Lenses with multi-coating helps to minimize the glare, reflections, and enhance clarity of the captured image.
- 12,000K, 16,000K, and 20,000K referred to the reef lights spectrum settings in which you want to take your photo/video under.
- CPL: A circular polarizer filter can reduce reflection off reflective surfaces like glass and water. You can adjust the effect by rotating the front ring.
Lens Kit Content:
- 3X HMC Macro Diopter Lenses
- 12,000K, 16,000K, 20,000K Actinic Filter
- Anti-Glare HMC CPL Filter
- Universal Smartphone Lens Mount Clip
- Pocket Storage Pouch w/Velcro Clasp
- 3x Actinic Filters Cases
- Instruction Manual