Magnetic Surface Skimmer Overflow Box for Aquaclear AC50
*NEW AND IMPROVED V2*
Oceanbox Designs™ Magnetic Surface Skimmer for Aquaclear™ AC50 HOB filter allows surface scum to be removed via surface skimming and also hide the filter intake which is usually sore eyes in your beautiful reef tank. Our innovative Embedded Magnetic Mount System™ are 100% waterproof on both tank side (wet) and dry side (external). Our super strong magnets ensure that the Surface Skimmer will hold securely in place once set. Now we can take HOB filtration to the next level, keep your tank clean and your salt critters happy.
The Aquaclear filter and Magnetic Surface Skimmer combo is great way to quickly set up a small pico/nano reef or a frag tank for which the tank can be easily put together and taken apart at will for frag swap, show, etc. Other viable setup including QT or hospital tanks are also great options to consider.
- Remove Surface Scum (Organic Residue/Oil Film) Via Surface Skimming.
- Strong Magnetic Mount, Quick To Install and Remove for Cleaning.
- Hide Filter Intake Tube From View.
- Adjustable Height To Fine Tune Overflow Level.
- Wire Slot For Temp Probe / ATO Sensor Wire.
- Anti-DryRun Protection on Low Overflow Water Level.
- Premium Craftsmanship with CNC Laser Cuts Technology.
- 100% Waterproof Magnets (Wet Side And Outside).
- Hand-Crafted In The Great State Of Texas, USA.
- Aquaclear AC50
- Rimmed or Rimless Tanks.
- Glass Thickness: Up to 8mm (5/16 in).
What Do I Need To Run This Setup?
- As with any overflow type setup, an Auto-Top-Off system (sold separately) is required (not optional) to maintain the water level inside the overflow box. We recommenced the AUTO Aqua Smart ATO or ATO system with similar sized sensor, to be installed inside the overflow box, to keep your display water level stable from evaporation. Evaporation causes water level inside your overflow box to drop quickly and will start gurgling/bubbling as the intake suck air in, the ATO prevented this from happening.
I really like the design and flow, removing the surface water. The outside magnets should be housed in plastic because they fly all over the place and stick to motor magnet.
Removed the biofilm quickly from my freshwater aquascape. The water looks great. Need to get some stainless steel mesh to keep the shrimp out though.