Turn your AC110 into a powerful HOB filter by just dropping in this Media Basket and Surface Skimmer!
inTank™ Aquaclear AC110 Media Basket
The Aquaclear 110 Media Basket features a large amount of space for various kinds of media. It can even accommodate a protein skimmer with the shelf removed. It forces water through each chamber with it’s specially designed hole pattern. Water is forced through filter floss to create a crystal clear aquarium that is detritus free. It forces water so well that media can actually tumble in its bag! Can accommodate (2) 100W Hydor heaters to bring them out of the aquarium. One shelf on the unit is removable so you can create a very large chamber for media or macro algae.
- Filter floss holder, can change floss without removing basket
- 4 media shelves, one is removable
- Huge amount of space
- Easy to change media
- Can fit (2) Hydor 100W heaters
- Black front to block media from view of tank
- Fits Tunze 9001 with shelf removed
- Made in the USA!
- You must turn off the filter before inserting or removing the basket.
- Filter floss can be changed without turning the filter off but it is recommended to keep detritus out of the aquarium.
- There is a tab on the base plate that the intake tube rests on. This must be removed with a razor or similar tool for the basket to fit into the filter (see pictures below).
Cutting of the Tab:
Q: Water is flowing over the intake tube, is this normal?
A: Yes! The Media Basket forces water through media, not just up over the top like with the stock setup. It tracks water through a dedicated path which puts needed backpressure on the incoming water. This backpressure allows a certain amount of incoming water into the basket at a time. This amount depends on the type and size of media you choose to put into the basket. The filter has a built in overflow around the intake tube and water spilling over it is nothing to worry about. The filter is still circulating 100% of the water through the basket very quickly.
Oceanbox Designs® Aquaclear AC110 Magnetic Surface Skimmer
Oceanbox Designs™ Aquaclear AC110 Magnetic Surface Skimmer allows surface scum to be removed via surface skimming and also hide the filter intake which is usually sore eyes in your beautiful reef tank. Our innovative Embedded Magnetic Mount System™ are 100% waterproof and rust-proof on both tank side (wet) and dry side. The enclosed super strong magnets ensure that the Surface Skimmer hold securely in place once set. Now we can take HOB filtration to the next level, keep your tank clean and your salt critters happy.
The Aquaclear 110 filter with an Overflow Box (Surface Skimmer) is great way to quickly set up a small pico/nano reef or a frag tank for which the tank can be easily put together and taken apart at will for frag swap, show, etc. Other viable setup including QT or hospital tanks are also great options to consider.
- Remove Surface Scum (Organic Residue/Oil) Via Surface Skimming.
- Strong Waterproof Magnets Mount (Wet/Dry Side).
- Simple Drop-In Installation.
- Hide Filter Intake Tube From View.
- Adjustable Height To Fine Tune Overflow Level.
- Slit Cut For Temperature Probe Mounting.
- CNC Laser Cut Premium Craftsmanship.
- Hand-Crafted In The Great State Of Texas, USA.
- Aquaclear AC110
- Rimmed Or Rimless Tanks
- Magnets Hold Through Glass Thickness: <=8mm (5/16 in)
What Do I Need To Run This Setup?
- As with any overflow type setup, an Auto-Top-Off system (sold separately) is required (not optional) to maintain the water level inside the overflow box. We recommenced the AUTO Aqua Smart ATO or ATO system with similar sized sensor, to be installed inside the overflow box, to keep your display water level stable from evaporation. Evaporation causes water level inside your overflow box to drop quickly and will start gurgling/bubbling as the intake suck air in, the ATO prevented this from happening.